The Promotion Operations Analyst’s role is to provide support the successful execution of YA’s promotion programs through ensuring transactions and submissions are processing. This role touches several steps of the YA promotion lifecycle and requires strong troubleshooting skills and partnership and communications with cross functional teams like sales, account management, project promotion managers and digital services.
• Monitor submission status in YA’s proprietary processing system and troubleshoot, resolve or escalate to ensure transactions flow through the system timely an accurately.
• Address any exceptions to normal submission processing.
• Work with Promotion Team to respond to client operational issues through YA’s issue resolution tracking and response process.
• Partner with Project Promotion Managers to execute documented promotion setup steps.
• Seek improvement opportunities by observing trends that impact processing success.
• Monitor file input and output success and resolve through documented procedures.
• Maintain knowledge base and other documentation for operational procedures and troubleshooting steps.
• Work with third party fulfillment partners to ensure accurate and timeliness of reward delivery.
• Assist with inventory tracking and reconciliation with fulfillment vendors.
• Participate in promotion requirements gathering sessions and key project milestones.
• Partner with Promotion Team to review and monitor daily, weekly or monthly reports to ensure programs are meeting key success metrics.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
• Experience communicating with clients and explaining “YA terms” to marketing professionals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to professionally and effectively present to clients in support of several YA teams of various backgrounds. Able to maintain composure under pressure and ability to field questions. Interaction with others to include oral and written communication and appropriate use of mode of communication.
• Good problem solving skills. Ability to draw from data and understand the business implications (trends, issues, relationships, benchmarks, etc). Ability to draw conclusions and take action to resolve.
• Excellent organizational skills. Able to manage and complete multiple tasks on a timely basis. Able to move from one task to another requiring very different set of skills.
• Demonstrated ability to identify the information that is business critical and to regularly monitor and examine closely. Critical thinking, planning and executing skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a client-centric, deadline driven atmosphere
• Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points in a collaborative atmosphere
• High levels of integrity, autonomy, self-motivation, optimism, good-humor
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
• Technical skills like SQL is a plus