The Promotion Manager’s role is to provide client support to manage the promotion design and operation of all client programs within assigned business, and perform/direct the tasks with the Promotion Coordinators. This is done to assist in the development of strategic client partnerships, mutually profitable management, and client and customer satisfaction.
• Ensures flawless program execution by gathering all necessary information from client, accurately communicating requirements to all internal cross-functional areas and leading timely efforts to design best solution and processes, setup, onboarding and implementation of all aspects of program to meet or exceed client expectations in a profitable manner
• Uses experience and knowledge of internal processes to actively manage on-going programs and proactively identify potential problems or issues. Initiate actions to prevent program flaws that would negatively impact the client and/or consumer experience with program
• Exercises proper judgment to escalate issues or act as a decision maker for issues or project clarifications for the account
• Collaborates with all departments to evaluate volume, identify trends, ensure quality and monitor budgets
• Acts as account team support and responds to client inquiries and problems, and maintains a high level of client satisfaction
• Directs the work and tasks of the Promotion Coordinator
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance on decisions within the department and the job functions.
• Continuously seeks to improve work processes and individual performance. Look for ways to be involved in department and company programs and committees. Openly communicate work issues through the proper channels.
• Strives for and adheres to all quality issues within the department. Identifies and reports quality issues.
• Maintains client contacts and cultivates relationships at all levels within the assigned accounts serving as the primary interface for all aspects of the client programs
• Actively listens and engages with client contacts to understand their needs for promotions, determine how YA’s services can be applied to solve those needs, communicate proposed promotions and develop client trust through successful promotion implementation
• Develops and maintains current knowledge base and business acumen regarding client business and industry in addition to trends and developments within promotion and marketing industry as a whole
• Uses creative and strategic approach to synthesize client and industry information and become a trusted advisor to client contacts on all aspects of services provided by YA
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing the execution of key client accounts and projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to professionally and effectively present to clients in support of Account Team. Able to present ideas via Power Point presentations. Able to maintain composure under pressure and ability to field questions. Interaction with others to include oral and written communication and appropriate use of mode of communication.
• Ability to work effectively with client contacts to their complete satisfaction: partner mode rather than subordinate. Ability to work cohesively with internal contacts and depts. Demonstrated attitude exhibiting positive and constructive behavior that contributes to a productive work environment.
• Good problem solving skills. Ability to draw from data and understand the business implications (trends, issues, relationships, benchmarks, etc). Ability to draw conclusions and take action to resolve.
• Excellent organizational skills. Able to manage and complete multiple tasks on a timely basis. Able to move from one task to another requiring very different set of skills.
• Strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to identify the information that is business critical and to regularly monitor and examine closely. Critical thinking, planning and executing skills.
• Ability to communicate a vision and motivate people to enthusiastically work toward the stated goals.
• Occasional travel is required
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a client-centric, deadline driven atmosphere
• Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points in a collaborative atmosphere
• High levels of integrity, autonomy, self-motivation, optimism, good-humor
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
• Proficiency in MS Suite