At YA, you will have the opportunity to partner with multiple Fortune 500 brands on digital marketing promotions that are seen by tens of millions of consumers each day. You will build not only your career, but influence the digital marketing solutions of our future.
We’re investing in the right talent and technology to deliver strategic solutions that connect our clients to their customers! We are currently seeking a high energy, experienced and driven Account Manager to join our Sales and Account Development team.
This key position is the strategic lead on a key client account and is responsible for managing and maintaining day-to-day client promotions. This position will report directly to an Account Director, as they work closely together to manage and grow our existing client relationships.
YA is made of up of more than one hundred talented, client focused, diverse people that can ‘GSD’ (Get Stuff Done) while having fun along the way. We have a forty year track record of delivering on client solutions combined with a cutting edge entrepreneurial spirit needed in today’s fast paced digital market place. We’re located in the historic Lumber Exchange building in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and are ready for the next phase of digital.
The Account Manager is the strategic lead for multiple clients within an assigned vertical, responsible for client retention and sales growth. The Account Manager is responsible for demonstrating how the application of YA’s products and solutions help clients achieve their promotional marketing objectives while being instrumental in helping manage projects and promotions from concept through delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Understand assigned client marketing objectives and business needs
- Become a subject matter expert on YA’s solutions, services and capabilities, and how the application of those will help clients achieve their promotional marketing objectives; ultimately leading to increased client satisfaction
- Develop and execute strategic account plans for assigned clients to cross sell and profitably grow the revenues for the book of business
- Increase client relationships and contacts in addition to day-to-day contacts
- Facilitate price quoting and SOW process in accordance with client MSA’s
- Participate in forecasting revenue and programs for assigned clients
- Identify and develop sales growth opportunities within assigned accounts and support sales team to win additional business
- Ability to manage complicated program details and leverage knowledge of client’s business objectives to lead application / promotional design sessions with the client
- Initiate and advocate for product and service innovations applicable to assigned clients
- Prepare and deliver actionable promotion insights based on analytic reports
- Keep pace with digital solutions, internet marketing industry research and social medical mobile trends to provide industry and contribute to vertical thought leadership as well as competitive insight and intelligence
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure flawless client delivery and satisfaction
- Develop and deliver client quarterly business reviews to report results to date, identify solutions to client promotional marketing objectives and grow the business
- Represent YA in client and inter-agency meetings, and have business acumen and presence to persuade clients and agencies how the application of YA’s products and services help achieve the client’s promotional marketing objectives.
Key Qualifications, Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in an Account Manager role working with digital/social media, an interactive agency, and/or marketing/advertising environment, preferably in the wireless carrier vertical.
- Passion for social media and internet marketing industries
- Experience working with Fortune 500 clients
- Passionate about brands, digital communications and emerging technologies
- Proven ability to think strategically and to identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a client-centric, deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points in a collaborative atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, self-motivation, optimism, good-humor
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Suite
- Independent travel required up to 30%
About Young America
For more than 40 years, YA has been a leader in the promotional marketing services space. We deliver flawless digital, mobile and traditional promotions such as rebates/rewards, enter to win and loyalty programs for the nation’s most respected brands. Our end-to end management of 3,500+ promotions that reach tens of millions of consumers annually makes us experts at turning even first-time customers into loyal brand advocates.