Reporting to the Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is a key member of the FP&A team and will help drive both top- and bottom-line financial performance for the Contact Center. This position is responsible for leading operating financial analysis and decision support, budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, investment analysis, and ad hoc efforts as necessary, all as determined in collaboration with the Sr. Director of FP&A. The position will work in partnership with cross-functional members of the Contact Center and other supporting functions (Sales, Operations, Professional Services, etc.).
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration with business partners
- Assist with monthly forecasting processes for P&L and capital while improving accuracy and improving efficiency and controls, including developing appropriate documentation of the processes and required approvals
- For financial processes involving Contact Center operations, contribute to the development and maintenance of policies and procedures and a system of internal controls to ensure their effective and efficient operation
- Conduct regular business reviews with Contact Center management, including the development of the associated calendar, formal agenda, and recap of actions to be taken
- Provide financial support to analyze and evaluate the financial implications of long term strategic initiatives
- Work collaboratively with business partners to create and manage a central repository for industry and competitive intelligence
Reporting, Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting & Metrics:
- Analyze and effectively report on key financial and operating metrics while ensuring the analysis and reporting are efficiently prepared, accurate, and linked to key business drivers and objectives while being issued in accordance with Company calendars and external deadlines. Provide insights and recommendations that drive action.
- Participate in the production of the annual top- and bottom-line budgets and capital plan for the Contact Center, in the monthly forecasting of the P&L and capital spending, and calculate and analyze monthly variances that provide insights to leaders of the Contact Center operations and associated functions to enable corrective action or opportunity-taking
- Provide investment analysis for major strategic ventures and projects as they relate to the Contact Center. Evaluate options and make recommendations to improve and automate financial and business processes considering financial returns on capital investments, enterprise technology and business interactions.
- Support the Contact Center’s Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) initiatives by providing timely and accurate financial support and analysis, as well as sound insights related to projects in flight and proposed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance with an emphasis in cost accounting, financial analysis and/or business process
- High-energy personality with experience working as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-growth services or technology company
- Seven or more years of experience in financial planning & analysis and decision support, with strong desire to make improvements in processes and outputs, with operational excellence traits to deliver the routine flawlessly every day
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives
- Strong foundational experience with budgeting and forecasting for multi-location businesses
- Proven ability to identify and resolve business issues as a collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project and time management skills that demonstrate the ability to manage projects independently from collecting requirements to delivering final output
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a client-centric, deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points in a collaborative atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, self-motivation, optimism, good-humor
- Experience in a Contact Center, services-based or technology business model strongly preferred
- Advanced degree or certification a plus
Physical and mental job requirements:
Ability to work in an open office environment, at a desk, for the majority of the time. Ability to frequently move about inside the office to access conference rooms, file cabinets, office machinery and co-workers desks for collaborative meetings or discussions. Ability to read, write, do math, draw conclusions from written or computer generated materials, analyze data or report information, create methodologies for accomplishing a goal, implement recommendations by coordinating person and/or other resources, develop plans, procedures, goals, strategies or processes based on data analysis or experience and include activities of others to accomplish a goal.
To Apply to this position paste the following link into your browser;
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified
YA Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, YA Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.